Safe mobility is at the heart of Michelin’s mission. In that spirit, a 3-way research project has been initiated between MIT Concrete Sustainability Hub, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth and MICHELIN DDi.
Our experts from Michelin DDi, the MIT CSHub department and UMASS Dartmouth will be working together on leveraging near-miss data to help with preventive road safety measures.
The team will leverage an extensive driving behavior dataset from over +40 M connected drivers and the latest advances in physics-informed predictive modeling for the benefit of road safety. The expectation is to provide insights in favor of powerful preventive roads safety approaches and contribute to avoid future crashes by using near-miss data.
From left to right:
- Mazdak Tootkaboni, PhD (Associate Professor Civil & Environmental Engineering – UMASS Dartmouth)
- Arghavan Louhghalam, PhD (Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering – UMASS Dartmouth)
- Meshkat Botshekan, PhD Candidate (MIT CSHub)
- Franz-Josef Ulm, PhD (Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering; Faculty Director, MIT Concrete Sustainability Hub)
- Seth Pack (Head of Innovation, Michelin Mobility Intelligence)
- Guillaume Puiseux (Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer, Michelin Mobility Intelligence)